Monday, June 8, 2009

Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree by Lauren Tarshis

I LOVED THIS ONE. This is an easy book to read and goes very quickly. I started it and found myself trying to find reasons to quit doing my hoursework etc. so I could finish it. It addresses many true issues that effect the middle school students. The characters many times will remind the readers of students in their class,

Emma- Jean is a twelve year old gifted girl who uses logic and critical thinking to evaluate every aspect of her life, friends or teachers included. Emma's father, Eugene, has passed, but not before teaching and convincing Emma that all problems, no matter how complicate, can be solved with critical thinking. Thus, when Emma-Jean for some unknown reason decides to taken upon herself nto help a fellow classmate solve a "social problem", she finds that sometimes even the best layed plans backfire.

This is a good story about being different and being okay with who you are even though it might not be what everyone else can handle you as. It very graciously deals with grievance of loved ones as well as dealing with bullies, and accepting change.

Couldn't make myself put this one down. I LOVED IT!!

1 comment:

  1. This book was okay. I had to read this book for Lit Circle. It is a book that you people might like.

    ReplyDelete